eGR Operator Awards 2015 – Winners Announced in London
One of the most prestigious events in the online gaming industry EGR Operator Awards announced their winners on Monday 23 November at The Artillery Garden at the HAC in London. Over 700 leading gaming companies were present when the winners were announced in each of the 26 categories. The ceremony was led by the Canadian comedian Catherine Ryan.
The evening was particularly successful for a number of well known names – Gala Coral, Sky Betting & Gaming and Bet365.
The crown of Operator of the Year was awarded to Gala Coral, which currently is in the process of merging with another well-known player in the UK market – Ladbrokes. As if that wasn’t good enough, one of the company’s products – Gala Bingo – is the winner in the Mobile Products category. Bet365 was again better than their competition in the category Bookmaker of the Year and this year also took the prize for Social Operator of the Year as well. Sky Bet took home the prizes in four categories: Mobile Operator, Mobile Sports Product, Horse Race Betting Operator and Mobile Poker Product.
Among the other winners can be found such brands as Paddy Power, which received the title of the year and casino operator William Hill, the winner in the categories of live Bookmaker of the year and own products of the year.
Amaya Gaming’s PokerStars was yet again recognized as the best poker operator at this year’s ceremony, which is understandable, since for years now they have been pleasing their growing customer base with one of the best softwares in the industry and their unreachable by the competition generous bonus schemes. This was met with some negativity online by players, mostly linked to the announced changes in VIP poker rooms over the course of the coming year.
“Winning the ‘Poker Operator of the Year’ award is a strong endorsement of our poker offering and a testament to the engaged and passionate PokerStars employees who dedicate themselves to delivering a high-quality, safe, and secure online poker experience”
Eric Hollreiser, Vice President of Corporate Communications for Amaya.
And without further ado, here is the full list of winners:
- • Operator of the Year – Gala Coral Interactive
- • Sports Betting Operator – Bet365
- • Social Operator – Bet365
- • Casino Operator – Paddy Power
- • Mobile Sports Product – Sky Bet
- • Alternative Operator – Lottoland
- • Marketing Campaign – Casumo
- • Mobile Operator – Sky Betting & Gaming
- • Rising Star – Lottoland
- • Mobile Poker Product – Sky Poker
- • Game of The Year – Spinata Grande (NetEnt)
- • Mobile Bingo Product – Gala Bingo
- • Affiliate of the Year – Betting Expert
- • In-Play Sports Operator – William Hill
- • Slots Operator – LeoVegas
- • Sports Affiliate – Oddschecker
- • In-House Product – William Hill
- • Customer Services Operator – Tombola
- • Bingo Operator – Gala Bingo
- • Mobile Casino Product – Casumo
- • Socially Responsible Operator – Tombola
- • Financial Betting Operator – Binary.com
- • Affiliate Programme – LeoVegas
- • Horse Race Betting Operator – Sky Bet
- • Poker Operator – PokerStars
- • Bingo Affiliate – WhichBingo
- • Sports Betting Operator – Sky Bet
- • Social Operator – Akamon
- • Mobile Operator – mFortune
- • Mobile Bingo Product – Tombola
- • Affiliate of the Year – Oddschecker
- • Slots Operator – Paddy Power
- • Sports Affiliate – Bettingpro
- • In-House Product – Mecca Bingo
- • Bingo Operator – Jackpotjoy Intertain
- • Socially Responsible Operator – Unibet